Hi there, we are bonsai.tech, a young crew of witty and skilled people who aren’t afraid to embrace clients’ game-changing mindsets and hand over new AI-based solutions. 😃
Founded in 2017 as part of the Span group, it has been our mission to let AI learn from people, augmenting their abilities in everyday work. We believe in creating a world without boring jobs, and you?
As a Data Engineer, you will work in a small and agile team using various tools and the newest technology. You will participate in multiple projects, help design and implement databases and work with management to prioritize business needs.
What you'll do
- Design, implement and operate stable and scalable solutions to flow data from diverse data sources into the database and into end-user facing applications
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Design automated processes for in-depth analysis databases
- Drive critical technical principles like security, reusability, efficiency, and scalability
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Technical skills and experience required
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL/PLSQL/TSQL, database design and modeling, building ETL/ELT pipelines (batch of stream processing)
- Working with data integration tools (i.e. Data Factory, Informatica, OWB, ODI, SSIS, SAS DI Studio, IBM DataStage)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
- Experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Experience with Azure technologies (Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data lake, Azure Databricks)
- Knowledge of Python
- Familiarity with the DBT framework
The tools you will use
- Azure technologies (Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake)
- SQL (DBT framework)
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work remotely
- Transport allowance
- Minimum of 25 vacation days
- 3rd pillar pension fund
- Medical check-up every two years
- Co-financed Multisport membership
- Educational budget
- A culture that recognizes quality work and rewards accordingly
- No legacy projects
- Monthly 1:1 meetings with your Team Lead
- Bonus for successful recommendations for our open vacancies
- Company events and celebrations, as well as team buildings
- Freedom to experiment with new technologies
By working on versatile and innovative AI projects and with the help of your team, you will upgrade both your skillset and knowledge in no time. And if you have ideas for implementing new solutions or just want to try something new, it’s not a problem – we’re open to expand our horizons and our tech stack.
You can find out more about our benefits and what it's like working here on our careers page, where you can also meet our ADA team, learn about the technology we use, and see how your day would look like.
When you’re ready, click the Apply button below – even if you don’t check every single box. We are looking forward to meeting you! 😊